Manga

To be quite honest, I haven’t always been that intrigued by anime and manga. However, I have become a bit fascinated with it over the past few months and especially with this week's readings. I’m very glad I came across Astro Boy. I remember watching the animated movie as a child and now that I am older it was enjoyable to see Astro Boy in his original comic book illustrated form. In a desperate attempt to bring his son back after a car accident, a scientist creates a robotic replica in his son's image. Astro Boy is not only a robot, but he has enhanced strength and flight. The fascinating aspect about Astro boy is seeing a Japanese take on an action hero. Before Astro boy there weren’t any popular manga based action heroes. Everyone knew Spiderman and Batman, but when Astro Boy came into the scene he bridged the gap between western comic book lovers and manga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ms.Marvel: Woman in comics

Bone

Killing Joke assessment